You need juice for fasting.
Yup, that’s the kind of brilliant insight you get here at Juice Fast HQ.
We joke. When fasting on juice, the choices available to you can seem a bit overwhelming at first. You might think you can gulp down anything from Jamba to Odwalla, but you’d be doing your body quite a disservice. While consuming those liquids is certainly better than not consuming juice for fasting at all, they are inundated with sugars. What your body really needs is healthy – possibly organic – vegetable, fruit, and coconut juice.
Today you’re going to learn 3 options for juices you’ll want to drink during your next fast.
Vegetable Juice For Fasting
When it comes to juice for fasting, it’s going to be pretty difficult to get started if you don’t have a juicer. Don’t make the mistake I made during my very first juicing experience years ago when I thought I could get by with a blender. It simply won’t do the trick. You need to extract all the amazing and healthy nutrients versus just mushing them up. A lot of “juicers” swear by their Champion machine so you may want to begin your search there.
Let’s say you have your brand new juicer on the kitchen counter and you’re ready to go. Vegetables are always going to be the most healthy items for you to consume. If you can go to a local farmer’s market or organic grocery store, that’s even better.
No matter where you snag your veggies, however, here are a few of the best ones to juice for fasting:
- Cucumber – Many folks don’t realize how tasty this veggie is. Just make sure to peel it first to remove the outer waxy-like layer.
- Carrot – Maybe the most popular product to juice for fasting. Simple scrub them with a tough brush, juice, and you’re good to go. Also note that freshly produced carrot juice is a million times better than the store-bought version.
- Romaine Lettuce – It can be the focal point of your drink, or you can toss in a little bit here and there. As you begin juice fasting on a regular basis, you’ll figure out the perfect amount for you.
Let’s shift our attention to fruits, which can be juiced by themselves on in a combination with vegetables. (Stay tuned to Juice Fast HQ in the near future for some killer recipes.)
- Apples – You can pretty much toss apples into any concoction and it’ll be tasty. Make a veggie drink that’s a bit too … veggie-licious? Toss in a few apples. They also do a nice job of cleaning the juicer blade as they pass through.
- Strawberries – It’s hard to go wrong with good old-fashioned strawberries. Be sure to go easy on them, however, due to the high sugar content.
- Grapefruits – Delicious and high in vitamin A. The best part is that you don’t need anything else. Just juice that grapefruit and you’re good to go.
Bonus Juice For Fasting: Coconut Juice
An incredibly underrated juice for fasting is coconut juice. I consumed gallons of it during my last fast. It’s also especially helpful for hydration, so drink it in spades if you’re also working out during your fast.
As you can see, there are tons of great options out there for you to choose from. And of course, make sure to keep an eye out for any side effects of juice fasting. If they persists, you’ll want to visit your doctor.
Are there any vegetables and fruits that you couldn’t live without during your fast? Share them in the comments below!